Friday, July 25, 2008

Ashton's Big Birthday Bash


Ashton just turned 1 on July 18th...sad I know. Time really has flown by this year. But we had to celebrate so we had a party for him at the park. He had 10 friends come and play and eat cake with him.
We had a water toy to play with and lots of water balloons (Ashton had to miss out on the balloons this year.) I made a very special fish cake for him......yeah you can just call me Martha freakin Stewart!!
I was hoping he would just dig right in to the cake but the frosting seemed to get in the way. But he did stick his fingers in it and tasted a little. Then we just fed him some cake (we found out the night before that he loves chocolate cake....thats my boy!!!)
He ate quite the piece before we had to cut him off for fear of a belly ache or something worse. Needless to say he was already hooked and mooched for more and then cried when he couldnt have any.

And then he opened all of his presents, with a lil help from me and the other kids. I think the other kids were as excited to see them as anyone else.

Ashton sitting back just enjoying the day!

Grammi Diana making the Birthday boy giggle!

Spending some time with Great Aunt Jenette!

3 comments:

KordelandHeather said...

What a good mom. I'm thinking I should break into the b-day party maybe this year now that Corinne's turning 3!

Jessi said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast time has flown! Ashton is sure a cutie and getting to look like a little boy instead of a baby, crazy. Anyway, cute blog.

Kristin said...

How in the world did you make that fish cake? That's awesome! Happy Birthday Ashton!!!!